SVN | Kahn Properties was founded in 1983 by Gayle Kahn Belcher as Kahn Properties, Inc., a property management company. In 2016 Kahn Properties expanded by becoming a division of Sperry Van Ness and is now known as SVN/Kahn Properties. Today the company specializes in Commercial Real Estate Brokerage, Real Estate Investment, Property Management of Multi-Family and Commercial properties, Asset Management, and Property Rehab Projects. In the area of Property Management, the Company excels in the management of mature and historic apartment communities in the Five Point South, UAB, Avondale, Homewood, Downtown and Highland Avenue district areas. Our buildings have typically stayed leased at a 95% or greater occupancy over the last several years. Our properties cater to young professionals and graduate students in the 25 to 45 year old age group. In recent years, with the overseeing of minor renovations, our retention rates have increased from about 50% to 70%.
Gayle Kahn Belcher remains Owner and CEO of SVN | Kahn Properties. She holds the following Designations:
- Qualifying Broker
- CCIM Since 1995
- CPM Since 1988
- 1994 President IREM Chapter 143
- Treasurer of the Birmingham Commercial Realtors Council, the commercial arm of the Birmingham Association of Realtors.
Judd Williams as Chief Operating Officer of Kahn Properties has,
- Actively involvement in the daily implementation and operation of all aspects of property management business since 2007.
- Experience in the field of Chief Corporate Trainer for an industry leading educational administrative software company from 1999-
- Previous experience in school administration, instruction, & athletics.
- Most Recently: The 1.4 Million Dollar, total renovation and transformation of The Avondale Apartments, a 32 unit apartment
community and The Avondale II, a 16 unit apartment community.
- University of Montevallo 1978-1982
- University of South Alabama 1982-1984 – Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education
- University of Florida 1986 – Certificate of Athletic Training Injury Treatment and Rehab
- Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary 1992-1995 – Master of Divinity